Tuesday 8 April 2014

Superfood Stirfry


As most of my friends know I do love cooking but hate following recipes so I usually experiment with whatever I've got in the fridge at the time. Sometimes it works... other times not so much! Haha.

I always forget to write down the recipes of my favourites so thought I'd share tonight's meal while it's still fresh in my mind. It's super quick, easy, healthy and pretty delicious too!

Apologies that the measurments aren't exact... but you can't really stuff this one up!


1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 cups chopped kale
half a punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup quinoa
3 tablespoons flaxseeds
coconut oil
lemon juice
pepper
1 teaspoon honey


The first thing I did was to get the eggs boiling and the quinoa cooking in boiling water (should take about 15mins each)

Then pan fry the sweet potato in a few teaspoons of coconut oil and add honey to sweeten. Once it is soft add the kale and cherry tomato to the pan and season with lemon juice and pepper to taste.

Drain the quinoa and once they have cooled peel and slice the eggs. Add both to the fry pan along with the flaxseeds and mix well.

I happen to love coconut so I added a bit more coconut oil and some extra lemon juice as well, but adjust it to suit your taste.

To make the kale a little crispier I put it into a casserole dish and popped it in a pre heated oven (about 200C) for another 10 minutes. (If you wanted to add some cheese to the dish just mix through some grated light mozzarella or a few pieces of feta and keep in the oven for an extra 5 minutes.)

Serve with some toasted pita bread or just on it's own.

I'm vegetarian but you can really add anything you like, such as chicken or prawns- it's super easy and has a great fresh taste with lots of texture!

I enjoyed it with a cup of my favourite lemongrass and ginger tea :)

Perfect for a lazy night after Bikram yoga...

Enjoy guys

xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx