Saturday 13 July 2013

What do your eyes tell the world?

Its all about the eyes

 The most important factor to prevent aging



I sometimes forget how fortunate I am to have a background in beauty therapy, through my training I have seen the solutions and the results of good skincare techniques and it's second nature to add these things into my daily routine. I realise that not everybody thinks about how their current routine will impact them later but there are a few essential tips for keeping your skin youthful and fresh.

Recently I bumped into an old friend who I hadn't seen for several years. Although we are around the same age I must admit that I was slightly shocked at how much older this person looked to me. This person I know to lead a reasonable healthy lifestyle yet somehow they looked to be at least six or seven years my senior.
It was the eyes that made all the difference, dry eyes with lines forming were the tell tale signs of premature aging.

The skin around our eyes is much more delicate than the rest of our facial skin, therefore it has to be treated slightly differently. Because it is thinner than the rest of the skin and therefore more sensitive it's important that you use an everyday cream especially formulated to prevent irritation and also buildup of oils.

Depending on your main concern there are many different eye products that can be used to reduce puffiness and dark circles caused by fatigue. A great product is Clinique All About Eyes serum, with a rolling applicator that cools the eye area and well as hydrates and freshens. It's especially handy as a pep up after a late night! 


The eye area is subjected to so much movement every day including blinking, squinting, smiling and more; therefore it is usually the first area to show signs of aging. There are extra serums and formulas that you can use to help improve elasticity especially for eyes which are a great preventative measure. A product that I absolutely love is Dermalogica Multi Power Firm for eyes and lips.

Imagine that day when you run into an old friend or flame! It those kinds of moments that make adding an eye cream to your daily routine seem like a good investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx