Thursday 31 July 2014

Healthy and Delicious Breakfast in 3 minutes!


Super Easy Omelette Muffins



The healthiest, tastiest breakfast ever- It takes only 3 mins to cook!



It’s always hard in the mornings (haha, I did not intend that to be cheeky! But now I'm giggling anyway!)
I’m usually up pretty early but by the time I’ve done my workout, walked and fed the dog, checked emails and wasted some time on Facebook, hunted through my wardrobe twice for something to wear for work, showered, washed and dried my hair, slapped on some kind of face… Well you get the idea, I could go on. Even when I have the best intentions I often run out of time!

We all know the importence of a substantial and delicious breakfast in the morning. However I'm sure that I'm not the only one who sometimes doesn't eat until I get to the office  or is tempted by unhealthy bakery treats with my morning coffee!

With a little help form Sarah Wilsons “I Quit Sugar” cookbook and my own hatred of complicated recipes I’ve found the perfect breakfast. It's full of goodness and high in protein to keep you feeling full.

It’s SO easy-

I chopped up some kale and put it in a mug with a pinch of minced garlic (optional), add some water and put it in the microwave for 1min to soften the kale. Drain.



Add a sliced cherry tomato and some pepper (I added flaxseeds as well), crack an egg in and mix together. Back in the microwave for about a minute and a half.



Done. Your delicious little eggy muffin is ready to go. I made a little avocado spread during the minute that my brekkie was cooking by mashing quarter of an avo and a squeeze of lemon juice.



The muffin just pops out of the mug onto your plate or if you’re in a real hurry you can just take the mug and eat it on the go with a spoon!



An amazingly healthy breakfast that you can add some cooked quinoea or steamed veggies to if you want something even more filling as a daytime snack or no fuss dinner!

You’re Welcome :)

As an important side note, being a vegetarian I tend to get a lot of my protein from nuts and especially eggs. We have all seen the horrifying images of battery hens and it just breaks my heart. I’m lucky enough that my folks keep some very spoilt chooks (Their names are Duck, Bokbok and Guts) which means I get fresh eggs each week.  If you don’t know somebody who has chickens then please be mindful when buying from the supermarket or local market, make an effort to support animal rights and check that the eggs are free range. Many cafes will also only use free range eggs and it doesn’t hurt to ask your favourite breakfast spot if this is the case. For those who want some more information here is an article on the conditions of battery hens- http://www.aact.org.au/battery_hens.htm

It doesn't seem like much but big change is a result of lots of tiny actions. 
Make your choices count. 


http://iquitsugar.com/
http://www.animalsaustralia.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx