Tuesday 16 June 2015

Fit Tech Review- Bluetooth Headphones


 
Philips ActionFit
Airborn Bluetooth Headphones


This week for Jade's Life I’m giving the latest Bluetooth headphones by Philips a road (and treadmill) test. I’m also testing my own tech knowledge and ability to embrace new equipment. I’m shamelessly admitting to several very blonde moments so hopefully headphones are the only thing being judged here! Some promoted features I’ll be looking at are sound performance, noise isolation, lightweight, practicability and secure fit as well as the sweat/ water resistant claims.

After some technical difficulties (ie realising they needed to be charged and then working out how to turn them on) I was off and running with my new headphones.

I was super excited about this new toy, mostly for gym training. Dealing with cords and wanting music is just a bit too much when I’m also trying to concentrate on not being flipped off a treadmill or dropping a weight on my foot.  So usually I train without headphones, and have to save my killer playlists for home workouts where I can happily do push-ups to Beyoncé without judgment.

Although comfortable, style wise- I felt a bit like Shrek with these green things sticking out of my ears. But the bulkiness of the Bluetooth headphones is a small concession for the newfound freedom to move efficiently and revel in my favourite music during a sweat sesh.

I accidentally tested the noise isolation by forgetting to sync the headphones and for a few minutes embarrassingly, the music was coming out of my phone instead of the headphones. Luckily I was in the lift and didn’t expose the whole office to my Kanye West motivation tracks. However I could still hear it pretty clearly and spent several confused moments trying to work that out! So they didn’t exactly pass the noise isolation test but this is a good thing, as I like to be aware of my environment, especially whilst running on the road. Safety first.

The Bluetooth feature of the headphones certainly increased my freedom of movement while using weights and going through a circuit exercise at the gym. Definitely a good investment for gym bunnies and lifting legends who love their tunes. I’ll credit the headphones to pushing me even harder than usual; I love the increased motivation that music gives you. Practicability gets a big tick. 

For outdoors running, the innovative design kept the headphones in place and the sound quality was impressive enough to battle against the elements as I copped the fierce Bondi wind on my early morning run. It was refreshing to not have to untangle myself or tuck a cord into my bra to stop it tickling my chin while running.  I’ll admit I’ve awkwardly yanked my headphones out while dropping my phone trying to re tie laces or send mid run snapchats several times. It’s like an unpleasant jerk back into reality. Luckily the Bluetooth feature meant that I could stay in my running zone, no matter how many sunrise selfies I took. (Not that I do that or anything).

Although I didn’t go for a dip or take a shower to test the water resistance, I definitely like to work up a decent sweat whenever I exercise (otherwise what’s the point?) and there were no issues with sound quality.

So far, so good with my little green Bluetooth earphones, but I’ll be keeping a spare set of regular ones in my gym bag as well, because I’m anticipating that I’ll forget to charge them at some point. For the organised individual who likes to be a front-runner in fitness technology these are a great investment. And for the busy, forgetful blonde who loves music, they are an interesting accessory rather than a must have necessity.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have other ideas how new technology can help your fitness routine! 
 Love Jade

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx