Thursday 29 August 2013

Exciting Melbourne News!!!


Things I LOVE this week!


GORMAN

Well I've always loved Gorman and am happy to report that I snatched up a pair of the denim splattered overalls I was coveting from the Stonnington Spring Runway. After popping into the store and being further wowed by another peek at the spring range I can confidently say that the designs are right on the pulse of Melbourne fashion this season! And with their homewears being released soon there will be even more to love!





AGFG Winners
Firstly congratulations to all the Melbourne restaurants who received Chefs Hats at the Australian Good Food Guide awards night earlier this week!
My recommendation would be Brooks restaurant just off Collins st- its a mix of modern dining and old school charm and is my new favourite spot for cocktails or an impressive meal. After being greeted by a friendly doorman you descend down the stairs and into this beautifully hidden gem of Melbourne dining. Exceptional service and exquisite food with that hard to find charm that makes you feel spoiled.

https://twitter.com/BrooksMelbourne

PARTIES

The GREAT NEWS of the week is Paul Laver and the Barkly are back together again! The Laver promotions team will be running Barkly Saturdays, with a launch happening on the 7th of September. This night is going to rock!

Annnddd… since you don't want to overdo something as fun as Barkly my new hot tip for Sunday sips and great music is 161 on High street in Prahran. Greg Sara and the guys are putting on some of the best tunes in Melbourne and as the weather warms up they will have the rooftop pumping as well. Just a short stroll from arvo sessions at College Lawn or Windsor Castle, it's the perfect location and vibe for Spring Sundays!


MSFW

There is so much going on at the moment with Fashion Week nearly upon us! I thought I'd list my key events and parties for this week for those who are like me sometimes and can't decide where to turn first!

Reflections- MSFW Film Screening and VIP Shopping Night
Southgate
Friday 30th August

MSFW Designer Series Runway One- Opening Runway
Melbourne Town Hall
Saturday 31st August

Fashion Aid Ball-
Crown Paladium
Saturday 14th September

The Spring Parade- ART du JOUR by Leiela
Monday 2nd September
Treacy Centre, Parkville




And also for Sunday- Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.. I'd like to say a big thank you to my dad who has supported me through all my drama and inspired and encouraged my career and dreams. He even helps me with wardrobe advice… such as "You're not actually going out in THAT??" haha, Love you dad.

There is so many cool things happening around town it's hard to choose what to mention but I think that I've covered the most EXCITING news of this week.

 However I won't apologise for the lack of twerking stories, AFL drug scandals or election bullshit because I figured that you'd had enough of THAT already…

… Feel free to twerk .. I mean.. tweet me any questions….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx