Sunday 7 April 2013

L'Oreal Fashion Week & My Exciting New Project!




L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival


March 18- 24

And so another week of fashion in Melbourne has come to pass! The L'Oreal Paris runways were full of all of our favourite designers and the seats packed with our favourite celebrities, fashionistas and bloggers.


The main theme for the Autumn/ Spring collections this year were bomber jackets (thanks mostly to Josh Goot), black leather was heavily featured and the printed suits were still making an appearance as well.

 
The main runway shows were held at Docklands as usual and drew an impressive crowd.

 This year I chose to wear one of my favourite designers, Lisa Taranto- I love her 'Alice Dress' from last season, its such a classic! It worked beautifully with my Tony Bianco clutch and shoes. 

For something casual I paired a simple Review strapless with Bardot pants and my favourite Chanel necklace. The Tony Bianco clutch was out again (it's just the perfect size for everything!) And my shoes, although you can't see them were actually from Wittner. They have some nice, simple black heels that I'm loving right now!





The standout fashion for Instyle Runway 2 came from Bianca Spender, although there were murmurs of disappointment amongst the floor seating at there being a lack of creativity overall on the runway. Camilla definitely put on the best show, with her tribal theme really grabbing the attention of the crowd. Beautiful head jewellery and standout prints really closed the show on a high to the track 'All your gold' by Bat for Lashes, which also happens to be my favourite song! 





Harpers BAZAAR runways are always ones to look out for and this year featured Sass and Bide, Ellery, Arthur Galan, Christopher Esber, Karla Spetic and Bassike.
Sass and Bide's collection was beautiful but predictable and a little bit repetitive, with Ellery taking the show with their mix of casual and cocktail designs. My favourtie ABC presenter and friend Karina Carvalho first mentioned Ellery to me- now I'm addicted! 


The skirts from Karla Spetic are also on my wish list for this season!


The Docklands show is a much more intimate show than the Town Hall venue used for Spring Fashion Week and the pampering room set up to add to the experience is well worth a visit, as well as the exclusive VIP bars for pre drinks and canapes before the show. This year we were in the Rekorderlig bar before the Instyle Runway Show. We enjoyed the funky decor, some great cocktails and a good mix of interesting people.  


Its always such a fantastic night out with the girls, great for fashion lovers of Melbourne or those who just want to try something different!


The next big fashion project for me will be in my new role as the chief fashion blogger and beauty/lifestyle editor for INVANITY Magazine which will launch next month! 

Have a look at the facebook page for the first glimpse of what is to come! Keep an eye out for me on the streets of Melbourne, snapping and interviewing the hottest trendsetters of our fashionable city for INVANITY's Street Style.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invanity/554188477946400


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, questions and info requests! xx